Public Service and Outreach 2023 Staff Professional Development Conference
The Public Service and Outreach Staff Professional Development Annual Conference kicks off at 8:30 on Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2023. This event offers staff the opportunity to celebrate all the good service that PSO does across the state and a unique chance to network and build relationships across divisions. There are sessions throughout the day to inspire professional passion, enjoy a delicious lunch, and develop new skills through exciting and inviting professional learning lectures and activities.
Professional Development Sessions
A preview of the sessions is available below as you plan for September 19. During registration, participants will select both a morning and afternoon breakout session to attend while the keynote and general sessions will automatically add to the schedule.
Keynote Session (9:00 – 10:15 a.m.)
- Connecting to the purpose, Victor K. Wilson, UGA vice president for student affairs
Morning Breakout Session Options* (10:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
- Room T/U: You Belong in PSO! What’s all the excitement about?
- Room R: Triangle, Circle, Square, Oh My!
- Room V/W: Our shared experience with PSO Connect
- Computer Lab H: TEAMS training: basics
- Room Q: Soft skills in the workplace and why they matter
- Room F/G: UGA Journeys: Understanding your connection to the Staff Competency Model (New Performance Tool)
- Room K: HR Resources available for personal planning
Afternoon Breakout Session Options* (1:15 – 2:30 p.m.)
- Room K: Financial fitness bootcamp
- Room R: Planting seeds: Strategies for persuading your supervisor on your ideas
- Room F/G: Techniques for being an effective leader in a non-managerial position
- Room T/U: Connection through excellent customer service
- Room V/W: How did I get here?
- Computer Lab H: TEAMS training: Take your Teams to the next level
- Room Y/Z: Your health matters! Learn how UGA and USG support your well-being
General Session (2:45 – 3:45 p.m.)
- Campus policing through the community, Sgt. Bobby Humphries and Sgt. Rusty Williams, UGA Police Department
*The session schedule is subject to change; the session locations will be posted on the on-site Georgia Center kiosks.
Event Date:Tuesday, September 19, 2023
The cost of the conference is supported by the Office of the Vice President for Public Service and Outreach, not by the individual.
To alter your session selection or cancel your registration on or before September 13, 2023, log into the PSO Registration System with your login information. Then, you can alter, update, and cancel your registration.
You can reserve a hotel room using room group code 95809 until September 1, 2023. After that date, please call the Georgia Center to request an available hotel room under the group rate.
Note: reserving a hotel room does not register you for the conference. Please use the red box titled REGISTER ONLINE to register for the conference.
To change or cancel your hotel reservation, call (800) 884-1381 or (706) 542-2134.
Limited parking is available in the South Campus Parking Deck, adjacent to the Georgia Center ($10 a day). Contact your business manager for parking passes. Parking deck rates are set by UGA Transportation & Parking Services.
Continuing Education Information:
The University of Georgia awards Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to those attending professional development sessions. A UGA CEU transcript is available at any time upon written request. For questions regarding CEUs or transcripts, please contact email@example.com.
Approximately one week before the conference, you will receive an email to download the interactive conference app. In the app, you will find your agenda for the day with updated locations and fun interactive games and competitions that you can start immediately.
Program Contact Information:
If you require special services, email Laura Raiford by September 1, 2023.
Dietary restrictions should be indicated during the registration process.