Throughout the UGA’s response to COVID 19, we have remained focused on the health and safety of our faculty, staff, students, and visitors. Our commitment to this continues as we prepare to reopen our campus and facilities.
The Georgia Center is taking the following steps to create a safe environment to best serve our guests:
- Cleaning more often throughout the building between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. daily, and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces hourly;
- Providing hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipe stations throughout the building;
- Requiring our employees to confirm that they are not experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 before they report to work;
- Following public health guidelines from the Georgia Department of Public Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the University System of Georgia;
- Providing thorough training for supervisors and employees, including best practices for safer interactions between guests and team members;
- Limiting capacity in our elevators for unrelated guests; and
- Using signage and other communications to encourage all members of our community and visitors to help prevent the spread of disease by wearing masks, maintaining social distancing and practicing good hygiene.
For more than 60 years, the Georgia Center has served as a gateway to the University of Georgia and fulfilled our mission to transform generations by providing meaningful educational opportunities and exceptional experiences to our guests. These traditions will continue. We look forward to seeing you soon and greeting you with a heartfelt “Welcome home!”