The Erosion Control Day features over 40 vendors with cutting edge erosion control or related products to use on construction sites while land disturbing activities are taking place. There will also be demos including sediment basin design and use, as well as rainfall simulation on different kinds of vegetation on construction sites. Speakers will cover a wide variety of topics including monitoring, inspections, stabilization practices, Army Corps of Engineers permitting and the NPDES updates with the GEOS electronic system.
Please enjoy the video on erosion control.
Event Date:Friday, May 17, 2019
Location:UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel
1197 South Lumpkin Street, Athens, GA 30602
7:00 – 8:00 a.m. Registration
8:00 – 8:15 a.m. Welcome
8:15 – 9:15 a.m. Michael Berry, GAEPD & Ben Ruzowicz, GASWCC
9: 15 – 10:00 a.m. Break, Demonstration – Jim Spotts, Southeast Environmental Consultants, LLC
10:00 – 11 :00 a.m. Adam White, US Army Corps of Engineers
11:00 – 12:00 p.m. Eddie Snell, Applied Polymer Systems
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Lunch, Awards
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. Richard Littleton, GDOT
2:00 – 2:30 p.m. Lisa Simms: East Coast Erosion Control
2:30 – 3:00 p.m. Jim Spotts: Southeast Environmental Consultants, LLC
3:00 – 3:45 p.m. Break, Demonstration – Dan Wallace, USDA-NRCS
3:45 – 4:15 p.m. Luke Owen: NPDES Training Institute
4:15 – 4:45 p.m. Joe Goodman: On-Site Erosion Control
4:45 – 5:00 p.m. Closing
- Advanced Drainage Systems – FleXstorm
- AIRE Industrial
- Applied Polymer Systems
- Badger Daylighting Corp
- Belton lndutries, Inc.
- Carolina Hydrologic, LLC
- Delta Landscape Supply of Georgia, Inc.
- East Coast Erosion Control
- EFS INC
- ERTEC Environmental Systems
- Filtrexx International
- Flexamat (Motz Enterprises, Inc.)
- Georgia River Network
- GEORGIA UTILITY TRAINING ACADEMY
- Georgia Water Coalition
- Hanes Geo Components
- HB Next
- Innovative Turf Solutions LLC
- J. W. Faircloth & Son, Inc,
- L&M Supply
- Metropolitan North Georgia Water Planning District (ARC)
- Natural Growth, Inc.
- NPDES Training Institute
- Oldcastle Infrastructure
- Pennington Seed Inc
- Profile Products LLC
- Propex GeoSolutions
- Rolanka International, Inc
- RYMAR Waterworks Innovations
- Silt Saver Inc.
- Southeast Environmental Consultants, LLC
- Triangular Silt Dike Co.
- US Army Corps of Engineers, Regulatory Branch
- Waterwatch Pro
$35.00 includes Lunch and Refreshment Breaks
Event Cancellation Policies:
(1) A cancellation received by 5:00 p.m. ET on or before May 10, 2019, will be refunded, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be issued thereafter; substitutions will be allowed. (2) To change or cancel your registration, call (706) 542-7493, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET. (3) If an event is cancelled for any reason, the UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
You will be given the opportunity to make a hotel reservation as you proceed through the online registration process. Please use room group code 91062 when reserving a hotel room.
To change or cancel your hotel reservation, call (800) 884-1381 or (706) 542-2134.
Program Contact Information:
The Georgia Center
If you require special services, email Nette Penn by May 10, 2019.
Dietary restrictions should be indicated on the registration form or during the registration process.