The “Cold and controlled molecules and ions (CCMI)” conference will bring together scientists from atomic and molecular physics, cold chemistry, quantum optics and few- and many-body quantum physics who all share an interest in cold and controlled molecules and ions. The meeting is devoted to highlighting the theoretical ideas and the experimental methods for producing and utilizing cold and ultracold molecules. The following topics will be covered:
- Cold controlled collisions
- Cold and ultracold chemistry
- Quantum simulation with ultracold molecules
- High-precision spectroscopy with ultracold molecules
- Molecular control and alignment
- Frequency combs for spectroscopy and dynamics of cold molecules
- Spectroscopy and dynamics of molecules in helium droplets and para-H2
- Spectroscopy of cold ions in cryogenic traps
- Ultracold polyatomic molecules
This is the third in a series of conferences that is scheduled to run biannually. The previous CCMI conferences were held in Rehovot, Israel in March 2016 and Monte Verita, Switzerland in September 2014.
Gary Douberly (University of Georgia, USA) Chair.
Sadiq Rangwala, (Raman Research Institute, Bangalore, India) vice-Chair.
Please see the conference webpage for more information.
Event Date:Sunday, March 25, 2018 - Thursday, March 29, 2018
Location:UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel
1197 South Lumpkin Street, Athens, GA 30602
- Registration on or before February 15, 2018: $250
- Registration after February 15, 2018: $300
Event Cancellation Policies:
(1) A cancellation received by 5:00 p.m. ET on or before March 16, 2018, will be refunded, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be issued thereafter; substitutions will be allowed. (2) To change or cancel your registration, call (706) 542-7493, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET. (3) If an event is cancelled for any reason, the UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
You will be given the opportunity to make a hotel reservation as you proceed through the online registration process.
To change or cancel your hotel reservation, call (800) 884-1381 or (706) 542-2134.
Program Contact Information:
The Georgia Center
Special Needs: If you require special services, email Nette Penn by March 16, 2018.
Dietary restrictions should be indicated on the registration form or during the registration process.