The 2019 Timberland Investment Conference is hosted by UGA’s Harley Langdale, Jr., Center for Forest Business. Topics for the conference include the effect of the housing market recovery on wood demand, global timber trade and investments, sustainability, and back to basics timberland management and trade. Our conference will provide an intense overview of all aspects of timberland investment, including high-level overviews of taxes, valuation and geographic investment markets as well as the ability to network with timberland investors from around the world.
For more conference information, visit UGA’s 2019 Timberland Investment Conference web site.
Continuing Education Credit Information:
Real Estate/Appraisal, Georgia State Bar, and Forestry CFE hours will be applied for.
Please inform us during the conference registration process if you are interested in receiving Real Estate/Appraisal Credit ($60 fee). If so, we will get in contact with you to let you know IF we receive approval. Prior registration and payment are required.
Event Date:Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - Friday, March 22, 2019
Location:The Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island, Florida
4750 Amelia Island Parkway
Amelia Island, FL 32034
- Early Bird Registration on or before March 15, 2019: $1,795
- Late Registration after March 15, 2019: $1,995
- Academic Rate (limited number – call Bob Izlar, (706) 542-6819, to request)
- Public Pension Funds (limited number – call Bob Izlar, (706) 542-6819, to request)
- March 19th Forestland Tour* hosted by Rayonier: $150
(You must register for the conference to attend the tour.)
- Real Estate/Appraisal Continuing Education** (additional fee): $60
(If interested, please let us know during the registration process so we can contact you IF credit is approved. Note that you must turn in daily credit forms onsite, for we will be unable to give you credit if you do not do this. There will be no refunds in the event that you do not receive the credit due to missing paperwork.)
If you plan to pay via wire transfer, there will be an additional fee of $61 to pay by this method. Please call our Conference Registration Desk at (706) 542-7493 on Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET for instructions. Note that you cannot register online if you plan to pay via wire transfer. Your registration will not be processed until payment is received so please register early!
Event Cancellation Policies:
(1) A cancellation received by 5:00 p.m. ET on or before March 8, 2019, will be refunded, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be issued thereafter; substitutions will be allowed. (2) To change or cancel your registration, call (706) 542-7493, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET. (3) If an event is cancelled for any reason, the UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel and Harley Langdale, Jr. Center for Forest Business will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
Program Contact Information:
The Georgia Center
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday only
If you require special services, contact April McDaniel at firstname.lastname@example.org, (706) 542-7602 at least 5 business days before your event.
Dietary restrictions should be indicated on the registration form or during the registration process.