We’re Still Standing
Dr. Bertice Berry as Keynote Speaker
Each year, GHPCO strives to create an annual educational conference focused on leadership and clinical topics from a variety of local, regional and national experts. This year’s theme, “We’re Still Standing” provides a broad platform from which to acknowledge the hardships and heroic efforts hospice and palliative care providers face during COVID and beyond. How do we maintain regulatory compliance while providing end-of-life care during a pandemic? What is the reality of providing care to people who are living with advanced illness and experiencing dying? How do we honor the professionals who enhance our reputation with patients and their families while meeting the demands of hospice and palliative medicine? Hospice and Palliative Care providers consistently meet the standards related to the principles of leadership, care delivery, process improvement, quality, and ethics and thereby are essential to enhancing the quality and effectiveness of care.
Join us IN-PERSON at the GHPCO Annual Clinical and Leadership Conference in celebration of our industry as we seek to provide the highest quality hospice and palliative care services throughout Georgia.
Event Date:Wednesday, February 16, 2022 - Friday, February 18, 2022
Location:UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel1197 South Lumpkin Street, Athens, GA 30602
Preconference Track Options on February 16, 2022 include:
- Representatives from DCH discuss regulatory and survey issues
- Attorney’s from AGG address OIG and regulatory updates from the legal perspective
- Care planning work-shop – take what the first two speakers taught us!
Main Conference on February 17 – February 18, 2022
Opening Plenary Speaker on February 17, 2022:
- Bertice Berry, PhD; Join Dr. Berry as she brings lightness and perspective to attendees while helping us remember why we do what we do! She will also join our committee members as we recognize the CNA’s who are the backbone of provider care.
Closing Plenary Speaker on February 18, 2022:
- Dr. Berry will bring the conference to a close with some laughter, honoring the work done at the bedside every day!
- Pre-Conference: $179 members, $229 non-members
- Main Conference: $379 members, $499 non-members
- SPECIAL Package: Register for all 3 days (Wednesday – Friday) BEST DEAL
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: $429 members, $599 non-members
- Thursday only: $209 members, $269 non-members
- Friday only: $179 members, $229 non-members
Registration, breakfast, lunch, breaks, virtual handout materials, and continuing education credits. PARKING IS NOT INCLUDED and is charged separately – please plan accordingly. There is one Parking Pass issued per Hotel Room.
ALL registrations after January 28, 2022 will incur a $50 processing fee.
Event Cancellation Policies:
(1) A cancellation received by 5:00 p.m. ET on or before February 11, 2022, will be refunded, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be issued thereafter. (2) To change or cancel your registration, call (706) 542-3537, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET. (3) If an event is cancelled for any reason, the UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
Please use room group code 90823 when reserving a hotel room. The hotel block will drop on January 28, 2022. After this date, please call the Georgia Center to request a hotel room with block code 90823. If a room is available, you will receive the group rate.
To change or cancel your hotel reservation, call (800) 884-1381 or (706) 542-2134.
Program Contact Information:
Paula Sanders, GHPCO Executive Director
The Georgia Center
If you require special services, email Sales@georgiacenter.uga.edu by February 13, 2022.
Dietary restrictions should be indicated during the registration process.