Together We Can Do Great Things
Dr. Ira Byock – Keynote Speaker
Dr. Mary Lynn McPherson, Closing Plenary
Dr. Joseph Shega – Pre-Conference – Physician Track
Judi Lund Person – Pre-Conference – Regulatory Track
Each year, GHPCO strives to create an annual educational conference focused on leadership and clinical topics from a variety of local, regional, and national experts. This year’s theme, “Together We Can Do Great Things” provides a broad platform from which to acknowledge the efforts hospice and palliative care providers face and to discuss the changes in our system of care delivery which includes palliative medicine and hospice care.
We are especially excited this year to host several nationally recognized speakers throughout the conference including: Ira Byock, MD as our opening keynote speaker; Mary Lynn McPherson, Pharm.D., MA, MDE, BCPS as closing plenary speaker; Physician Pre-Conference Track speaker Joe Shega, MD, Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, VITAS Healthcare; Regulatory Pre-Conference Track speaker Judi Lund Person, BA, MPH, CHC, Vice President, Regulatory and Compliance, NHPCO.
Event Date:Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - Friday, February 24, 2023
Location:UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel1197 South Lumpkin Street, Athens, GA 30602
Preconference Track Options on February 22, 2023 include:
- Regulatory Updates, Judi Lund-Person, BA, MPH, CHC, Vice President, Regulatory and Compliance for NHPCO
- The Role of the Hospice and Palliative Care Physician, Joseph Shega, MD, VITAS Chief Medical Officer
Main Conference on February 23 – 24, 2023
Opening Plenary Speaker on February 23 – 24, 2023:
- Ira Byock, M.D., FAAHPM: Dr. Byock is a leading medical authority and public advocate for improving care through the end of life.
Closing Plenary Speaker on February 24, 2023:
- Mary Lynn McPherson, Pharm.D., MA, MDE, BCPS: Dr. McPherson is Professor and Executive Director, Advanced Post-Graduate Education in Palliative Care in the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science at the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy in Baltimore.
All sponsors can be found at the 2023 GHPCO EventMobi web site.
- Pre-Conference: $199 members, $249 non-members
- Main Conference: $399 members, $529 non-members
- SPECIAL Package: Register for all 3 days (Wednesday – Friday) BEST DEAL
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: $449 members, $629 non-members
- Thursday only: $209 members, $269 non-members
- Friday only: $199 members, $249 non-members
Registration, breakfast, lunch, breaks, virtual handout materials, and continuing education credits. PARKING IS NOT INCLUDED and is charged separately – please plan accordingly. There is one Parking Pass issued per Hotel Room.
ALL registrations after January 27, 2023 will incur a $50 processing fee.
Event Cancellation Policies:
(1) A cancellation received by 5:00 p.m. ET on or before February 15, 2023, will be refunded, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be issued thereafter. (2) To change or cancel your registration, call (706) 542-7493, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET. (3) If an event is cancelled for any reason, the UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
You can reserve a hotel room using room group code 93832 until January 27, 2023. After that date, please call the Georgia Center to request a hotel room with block code 93832. If a room is available, you will receive the group rate.
Note: reserving a hotel room does not register you for the conference. Please use the red box titled REGISTER ONLINE to register for the conference.
Additionally, registering for this conference does not secure a hotel reservation and must be done separately if hotel stay is required.
To change or cancel your hotel reservation, call (800) 884-1381 or (706) 542-2134.
Program Contact Information:
Paula Sanders, GHPCO Executive Director
The Georgia Center
If you require special services, email firstname.lastname@example.org by February 13, 2023.
Dietary restrictions should be indicated during the registration process.