This two-day professional conference showcases innovative Instructional Design and Development (IDD) projects and eLearning design strategies. Sessions and demonstrations are presented by students, scholars, and professionals from a variety of contexts including corporate, industry, government, higher education, and others. Content includes hands-on learning experiences that can immediately be applied to improve job performance as well as specific examples of client-based projects for real-world application. This is a low-cost, high-value event that is rich in content and in meaningful networking with established leaders. The conference also serves as an annual orientation and professional networking event for UGA IDD students.
Event Date:Friday, August 18, 2017 - Saturday, August 19, 2017
Location:UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel
1197 South Lumpkin Street, Athens, GA 30602
- Jennifer Williams, Turner Enterprises and Global Technology Organization
- Stacey Rivers, Turner Enterprises and Global Technology Organization
- Carolyn Dickerson, Turner Enterprises and Global Technology Organization
- Brad Hokanson, University of Minnesota – Beyond Content: Reorienting Educational Technology
(includes dinner, lunch, & refreshments)
- Registration Fee: $169
- Proposal Accepted or IDD Alumni: $134
- Friday Only or Saturday Only: $109
- UGA Faculty, Staff, & Students: $49
- IDD Students & 1st-year IDD Alumni: Complimentary
(Held Friday from 9-noon; Separate registration fee applies)
- Rob Branch, University of Georgia – Essentials for Success
- Ron Braxley, University of Georgia – Quick Video Production for eLearning Projects
- Dan Richards, Interactive Advantage Corporation – Introduction to Articulate Storyline 360
- UGA Office of Online Learning – Putting Gamified Learning to Work in Organizational Settings (working title)
Event Cancellation Policies:
(1) A cancellation received by 5:00 p.m. ET on or before Friday, August 11, 2017, will be refunded, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be issued thereafter; substitutions will be allowed. (2) To change or cancel your registration, call (706) 542-7493, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET. (3) If an event is cancelled for any reason, the UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
You will be given the opportunity to make a hotel reservation as you proceed through the online registration process.
To change or cancel your hotel reservation, call (800) 884-1381 or (706) 542-2134.
Registration Contact: The Georgia Center
If you require special services, contact Nette Penn at Nette.Penn@georgiacenter.uga.edu by Friday, August 11, 2017.
Dietary restrictions should be indicated on the registration form or during the registration process.