Educating Georgia: Implementing the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
This one-day conference will include keynotes, breakout sessions, and discussions on Georgia’s response to the Every Student Succeeds Act:
- Refining Georgia’s accountability platform to reflect school performance
- Aligning assessments, innovation, and improvement
- Strengthening the teaching profession
- Empowering and supporting school leaders
- Developing a personalized education in Pre-K-12 schools through school climate and social/emotional learning
- Integrating federal resources into state innovations
Conference provides training credit for Board of Education members through the UGA Carl Vinson Institute of Government.
Chris Minnich, Executive Director of the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO). With extensive background in improving assessment and accountability systems, he leads CCSSO’s work with states to raise the bar on standards, assessments and accountability. His leadership is focused on ensuring all students in our public education system-regardless of background – graduate prepared for college, careers and life. His talk will center on implications and directions for state implementation of the Every Student Succeeds Act.
Event Date:Thursday, September 21, 2017
Location:UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel
1197 South Lumpkin Street, Athens, GA 30602
$95 (includes workshop materials, refreshment breaks, lunch and parking)
Deadline to Register:
September 14, 2017
Event Cancellation Policies:
(1) A cancellation received by 5:00 p.m. ET on or before Thursday, September 14, 2017, will be refunded, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be issued thereafter; substitutions will be allowed. (2) To change or cancel your registration, call (706) 542-7493, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET. (3) If an event is cancelled for any reason, the UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
You will be given the opportunity to make a hotel reservation as you proceed through the online registration process.
To change or cancel your hotel reservation, call (800) 884-1381 or (706) 542-2134.
Registration Contact: The Georgia Center
If you require special services, email Nette Penn by Thursday, September 14, 2017.
Dietary restrictions should be indicated on the registration form or during the registration process.