GHPCO Celebrates the Heroes of Hospice and Palliative Care
Each year, GHPCO strives to create an annual educational conference focused on leadership and clinical topics from a variety of local, regional and national experts. This year’s theme, “GHPCO Celebrates the Heroes of Hospice and Palliative Care,” provides a broad platform from which to honor our hospice and palliative care heroes and discuss the changes in our system of care delivery which includes palliative medicine and hospice care. How do we acknowledge our “Heroes” who maintain regulatory compliance while providing end-of-life care? What is the reality of providing care to people who are living with advanced illness and experiencing dying? How do we honor the heroes who enhance our reputation with patients and their families while meeting the demands of hospice and palliative medicine? Hospice and Palliative Care Heroes consistently meet the standards related to the principles of leadership, care delivery, process improvement, quality, and ethics and thereby are essential to enhancing the quality and effectiveness of care.
Join us at the GHPCO Annual Clinical and Leadership Conference in celebration of our industry as we seek to provide the highest quality hospice and palliative care services throughout Georgia.
Event Date:Wednesday, February 20, 2019 - Friday, February 22, 2019
Location:UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel1197 South Lumpkin Street, Athens, GA 30602
– Preconference Track Options on February 20, 2019 include:
Palliative Care Preconference
Palmetto GBA Updates Session
– Main Conference on February 21 – February 22, 2019
– Opening Plenary Speaker on February 21, 2019 – Donna Cardillo, RN, MA, CSP, The Inspiration Nurse and Author of Falling Together-How to Find Balance, Joy, and Meaningful Change When your Life Seems to be Falling Apart
– Closing Plenary Speaker on February 22, 2019 – Nancy Weill, The Laugh Factory
All sponsors can be found at the Georgia Hospice and Palliative Care Organization web site (the sponsors are at the bottom).
• Pre-Conference (either track): $179 members, $229 non-members
• Main Conference: $379 members, $499 non-members
• SPECIAL Package: Register for all 3 days (Wednesday – Friday) BEST DEAL
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: $429 members, $599 non-members
• Thursday only: $209 members, $269 non-members
• Friday only: $179 members, $229 non-members
Costs include: registration, breakfast, lunch, breaks, virtual handout materials, and continuing education credits. PARKING IS NOT INCLUDED and is charged separately – please plan accordingly. There is one Parking Pass issued per Hotel Room.
ALL registrations after January 28, 2019 will incur a $50 processing fee.
You may register online, by mail, by fax, or by phone as indicated.
Event Cancellation Policies:
(1) A cancellation received by 5:00 p.m. ET on or before February 13, 2019, will be refunded, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be issued thereafter; substitutions will be allowed. (2) To change or cancel your registration, call (706) 542-7493, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET. (3) If an event is cancelled for any reason, the UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
Hotel Cost: You will be given the opportunity to make a hotel reservation as you proceed through the online registration process.
To change or cancel your hotel reservation, call (800) 884-1381 or (706) 542-2134.
The hotel block will drop on January 28, 2019. After this date, please call the Georgia Center to request a hotel room in block code 89727. If a room is available, you will receive the group rate.
Program Contact Information:
Paula Sanders, GHPCO Executive Director
The Georgia Center
If you require special services, email Nette Penn by February 13, 2019.
Dietary restrictions should be indicated on the registration form or during the registration process.