32nd Annual Public Service and Outreach Awards Luncheon
The 32nd Annual Public Service and Outreach Awards Luncheon kicks off at the UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, April 17, 2023.
Registration for this event has closed. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Professional Development Sessions
Professional development sessions will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis at 9:45 and 2:30 on April 17. For a preview of the sessions available that day, see the listings below as you plan for April 17.
AM Concurrent Sessions* (9:45 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.)
- Room K: PSO in Action 1 (CARE, Gullah Geechee, Youth Leadership, and GrowSmart)
- Room L: PSO professional development opportunities: discover the academies and programs
- Room F/G: Active Learning: engaging students in the learning process
- Room T/U: Volunteer management and engagement
- Room V/W: Creating a culture of evaluation: strategies and lessons learned from PSO (PSO Evaluation Initiative Best Practices 1)
- Room Y/Z: Conflict resolution, improving communication skills with peers
- Room R: So you want to be a social media rock star?
- Masters Hall: The fragile decade: turning apprehension into anticipation (retirement)
- Room A: Tactics for holding results-based meetings
- Room B: The lowdown on dossiers – tips and hints for faculty promotion
- Room Q: The great data visualization bake off (Data Visualization 1 – How to present)
PM Concurrent Sessions* (2:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.)
- Room K: PSO in Action 2 (State Botanical Garden of Georgia, Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant, and Archway Partnership)
- Room L: Experiential learning as a vehicle to engage students
- Room Q: Small business highlight – a client-led story of how the UGA SBDC partnered with a business owner for a big win
- Room R: Explore, approach, ask, follow up, and pester: how to identify new donors and seek support in a structured way
- Room T/U: Building a better Qualtrics survey
- Room V/W: Using evaluation techniques to improve business processes and organizational health: best practices from PSO (PSO Evaluation Initiative Best Practices 2)
- Room A: GAS: Grants Accelerate Service
- Room F/G: How to tell a better story – using data storytelling to tell a compelling and persuasive story (Data Visualization 2 – Storytelling)
- Masters Hall: Techniques for being an effective leader in a non-managerial position
- Room Y/Z: You belong in PSO! What’s all the excitement about?
*The session schedule is subject to change; the session locations will be posted on the on-site Georgia Center kiosks.
Event Date:Monday, April 17, 2023
The cost for the event is $40.00, which is paid by the participant’s home department, not by the individual. Registration for the event covers the entire day of professional development sessions and the luncheon.
Registration for this event has closed.
To change or cancel your registration on or before April 10, 2023, call (706) 542-3537, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can reserve a hotel room using room group code 95642 to receive the PSO special rate of $109 with parking included until April 10, 2023. After that date, please call the Georgia Center to request a hotel room with block code 95642. If a room is available, you will receive the group rate.
Note: reserving a hotel room does not register you for the conference. Please use the red box titled REGISTER ONLINE to register for the conference.
To change or cancel your hotel reservation, call (800) 884-1381 or (706) 542-2134.
Limited parking is available in the South Campus Parking Deck, adjacent to the Georgia Center ($10 a day). Contact your business manager for parking passes. Parking deck rates are set by UGA Transportation & Parking Services.
Continuing Education Information:
The University of Georgia will award Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to those attending professional development sessions. A UGA CEU transcript is available at any time upon written request. For questions regarding CEUs or transcripts, please contact email@example.com.
Program Contact Information:
If you require special services, email Pamela Bracken by April 10, 2023.
Dietary restrictions should be indicated during the registration process.