Georgia Matters: Celebrating Two Decades of Scholarship
Join the Georgia Museum of Art for the 10th Henry D. Green Symposium of the Decorative Arts, “Georgia Matters: Celebrating Two Decades of Scholarship,” to be held January 30 – February 1, 2020, at the UGA Hotel and Conference Center. Keynote (Thursday, January 30) by Daniel Ackermann, sponsored by Georgia Humanities, to be followed by a reception at the museum. Symposium (Friday and Saturday, January 31 and February 1) will include presentations on Georgia portraiture, colonial Georgia silver, Masonic symbolism in Georgia, porcelain decoration, historic preservation on the UGA campus and more.
Lead sponsor: Forward Arts Foundation.
Event Date:Thursday, January 30, 2020 - Saturday, February 1, 2020
Location:UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel
1197 South Lumpkin Street, Athens, GA 30602
- Full Symposium Package (Includes breaks, lunches and all evening events) – $325
- Full Symposium Package for Full-Time Museum Professionals – $200
- Lectures Only (Breaks included — no lunches or evening events included) – $100
- UGA Student Registration – no charge; valid student ID must be presented at registration (Breaks included — no lunches or evening events included)
Event Cancellation Policies:
(1) A cancellation received by 5:00 p.m. ET on or before January 22, 2020, will be refunded, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be issued thereafter; substitutions will be allowed. (2) To change or cancel your registration, call (706) 542-7493, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET. (3) If an event is cancelled for any reason, the UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
You will be given the opportunity to make a hotel reservation as you proceed through the online registration process.
To change or cancel your hotel reservation, call (800) 884-1381 or (706) 542-2134.
Program Contact Information:
Georgia Museum of Art
The Georgia Center
If you require special services, email Nette Penn by January 22, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.
Dietary restrictions should be indicated on the registration form or during the registration process.