2020: What’s Your Vision?
Each year, GHPCO strives to create an annual educational conference focused on leadership and clinical topics from a variety of local, regional and national experts. This year’s theme, “2020: What’s YOUR Vision?” provides a broad platform from which to consider our hospice and palliative care goals for 2020 and discuss the changes in our system of care delivery which includes palliative medicine and hospice care. How do we design strategies to maintain regulatory compliance while providing end-of-life care? What is the reality of providing care to people who are living with advanced illness and experiencing dying? How do we anticipate the needs of our patients and families to enhance our reputation with those we serve while meeting the structural demands of hospice and palliative medicine? As Hospice and Palliative Care providers, we strive to consistently meet the standards related to the principles of leadership, care delivery, process improvement, quality, and ethics and thereby are essential to enhancing the quality and effectiveness of care in 2020. What’s YOUR Vision?
Join us at the 2020 GHPCO Annual Clinical and Leadership Conference in celebration of our industry as we seek to provide the highest quality hospice and palliative care services throughout Georgia.
Event Date:Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - Friday, February 21, 2020
Location:UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel1197 South Lumpkin Street, Athens, GA 30602
Preconference Track on February 19, 2020:
- What’s Your Vision – NHPCO Updates Session With Judi Lund-Person
Main Conference on February 20 – February 21, 2020
- “Strategic Positioning of Hospices For The Next Generation of End of Life Care”
- John Mulder, MD, FAAHPM, HMDC, Chief Medical Consultant for Hospice and Palliative Care, Medical Director, Trillium Institute- February 20, 2020
- “Creative Cocooning”” – February 21, 2020
- Leann Thrapp, OPUS Peace
- Pre-Conference: $199 members, $259 non-members
- Main Conference: $389 members, $499 non-members
- SPECIAL Package: Register for all 3 days (Wednesday – Friday) BEST DEAL
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: $439 members, $599 non-members
- Thursday only: $209 members, $269 non-members
- Friday only: $189 members, $229 non-members
Registration, breakfast, lunch, breaks, virtual handout materials, and continuing education credits. PARKING IS NOT INCLUDED and is charged separately – please plan accordingly. There is one Parking Pass issued per Hotel Room.
Event Cancellation Policies:
(1) A cancellation received by 5:00 p.m. ET on or before February 12, 2020, will be refunded, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be issued thereafter; substitutions will be allowed. (2) To change or cancel your registration, call (706) 542-7493, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET. (3) If an event is cancelled for any reason, the UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
You will be given the opportunity to make a hotel reservation as you proceed through the online registration process.
To change or cancel your hotel reservation, call (800) 884-1381 or (706) 542-2134.
The hotel block will drop on January 21, 2020. After this date, please call the Georgia Center to request a hotel room in block code 90821. If a room is available, you will receive the group rate.
Program Contact Information:
Paula Sanders, GHPCO Executive Director
The Georgia Center
If you require special services, email Nette Penn by February 12, 2020.
Dietary restrictions should be indicated on the registration form or during the registration process.