This seminar is a program of the Society of Professional Optometrists, Inc. (SOPO), and brings the latest information to regional optometrists. The sessions will greatly benefit individual practices and should meet the licensing requirements for optometrists in Georgia and other Southern States.
Event Date:Sunday, January 27, 2019
Location:UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel1197 South Lumpkin Street, Athens, GA 30602
This seminar will be submitted to ARBO to obtain COPE approval for the event. A total of 8 COPE hours of instruction will be presented, and attendance will be tracked utilizing the ARBO OE Tracker card or attendees can utilize the OE Tracker App on their smartphone to obtain credits. Most state boards accept COPE-approved programs for continuing education hours, but attendees should contact their state boards to confirm approval. Full attendance is mandatory to receive full credit.
If you are a newly licensed GA OD (2018 graduate), call (706) 542-7493 to register for the Seminar. Please do not register via any other method.
- SOPO member fee paid on or before January 7, 2019: $279
- SOPO member fee paid afterJanuary 7, 2019: $379
- Nonmember fee paid on or before January 7, 2019: $379
- Nonmember fee paid after January 7, 2019: $479
Registration fees DO NOT include SOPO dues. You may join or renew your membership online using PayPal for just a $2 convenience fee.
Event Cancellation Policies:
(1) A cancellation received by 5:00 p.m. ET on or before January 18, 2019, will be refunded, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be issued thereafter; substitutions will be allowed. (2) To change or cancel your registration, call (706) 542-7493, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET. (3) If an event is cancelled for any reason, the UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
You will be given the opportunity to make a hotel reservation as you proceed through the online registration process.
To change or cancel your hotel reservation, call (800) 884-1381 or (706) 542-2134.
Program Contact Information:
Sharon Ellis, O.D., SOPO secretary
The Georgia Center
Special Needs: If you require special services, email Nette Penn by January 18, 2019.
Dietary restrictions should be indicated on the registration form or during the registration process.